Ways to Help Prevent Your Vehicle From Overheating
An overheating vehicle can make for a hard time while you’re driving on the road. Pulling over on the side of the road is the best thing you can do to allow your vehicle to cool down. By following the list of tips mentioned here, you keep the avoidable nuisance of overheating from happening to your vehicle and ruining your day.
Keep out of the repair shop with these tips:
- Have a reliable auto technician perform the maintenance services you need on your vehicle. Getting a vehicle check-up can alert you to potential issues with your vehicle. They should also top off fluids, check hoses and ensure your fans are working. Simple preventative maintenance like this can keep your vehicle from overheating.
- Pulling over when the check engine light comes on is important. Popping the hood and letting the engine cool down naturally is a good idea. This helps to keeps the engine from overheating.
- Don’t touch the radiator cap! It’s going to be scorching hot. Be careful not to get burned.
- Refilling the antifreeze/coolant. It’s a good idea to keep some coolant in your vehicle in case it should overheat. Being stranded on the road with an overheating car will definitely ruin your day.
- Check the hoses. Did they leak, burst or are they blocked? If so, it’s important to get them repaired as soon as possible. Your vehicle will continue to overheat if you ignore the issue. Things can only get worse.
- Keep a safety emergency kit in your car. If you get stuck overnight, you’ll have what you need to get you through it. This is even more essential during the cold weather season.
Regular vehicle maintenance and inspection is important to help ensure your safety on the road. Call the expert techs at AAMCO Lee’s Summit today if you believe you have an issue requiring auto repair or simply want a check of your hoses, fans, and fluid levels. Our center can provide all of the services you need to keep you safe on the road.